Marivic Dar, financial planner at Prudential and one of Hawaii Business magazine’s Sharpest Dressed Professionals, offers these fashion tips for your career.
- First, ask yourself who am I today and who do I aspire to become in a year, five years, 10 years?
- Mirror the clients you currently serve or aspire to serve. If you work in the financial field, you may need to dress more conservatively than if you work in the entertainment industry.
- Read magazines, watch TV, talk to and observe people. These experiences give us the opportunity to preview fashion and the best part is we can censor what we like and dislike.
- Experiment and ask for feedback from people who matter.
- The best accessory is confidence. If you have this, you win!